Immigration Services

We at Weible Law Firm strive to represent each case with the full attention it deserves. Our lawyer is here to guide you as you navigate through your process and can handle most types of immigration law matter in the United States.

Immigration law is a complicated process and involves multiple agencies with a large number of federal rules and regulations. If you are seeking a temporary visa, green card or naturalization, it is important to consult with a knowledgeable attorney early in the process. Whether immigrating with the help of a family member, or your employer, the process of immigrating to the United States can take years.

Please note that very little is automatic in the field of immigration. For instance, being married to a United States citizen does not grant you permission to remain in this country. You and your spouse must file the appropriate paperwork with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before you are authorized to remain in this country. Similarly, temporary visas such as H or L status does not automatically lead to a green card even after living and working in the U.S. for many years.

The government may also institute a removal or deportation proceedings against you. For this instances, it is critical to seek legal counsel who will be able to help you identify and apply for any available forms of relief, such as asylum, withholding or cancellation of removal, temporary protected status, or an extreme hardship waiver.

The Weible Law Firm is knowledgeable and can help you navigate the immigration processes.

Green Cards

A lawful individual is granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis with a permanent resident card, commonly known as a “green card”. There are numerous path to permanent residency within our immigration law. Most individuals are sponsored by family members or employer in the United States. Others may become permanent residents through asylum or refuge status or other humanitarian programs. In other cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself. Consult with Weible Law Firm for more information, including the steps toward becoming a green card holder for both family-based and employment-based.


Naturalization is a process by which a citizenship is granted to lawful immigrants who fulfilled certain requirements. You may quality if you: (a) have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements, (b) have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all the eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen, or (c) have qualifying service in the U.S. Armed Forces and meet all eligibility requirements. Additionally, your child may qualify for naturalization if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., the child is currently residing outside the U.S., and all other eligibility requirements are met. Consult with the Weible Law Firm for more information including a complete list of eligibility requirements and potential roadblocks or complications to naturalization.

Temporary Working Visa

Individuals who enter the United States under the H1B or nonimmigrant visa are considered to be here temporarily.  The law presumes that they intend to return to their home countries at the end of their stay. Depending on the visa category, if a person is here on a temporary visa and applies for a permanent residence process, the law may treat that individual as having “lost” their intent to stay temporarily, because the individual now wish to immigrate, i.e. stay permanently in the United States. Typically, if the individual remains inside the United States and does not need to renew their temporary visa, this intent to change status is not a problem. However, if the individual must travel internationally or apply for a temporary visa extension, they may encounter difficulties. The Weible Law Firm will be able to help and guide you with this process.

Deportation or Removal

If the government institutes removal proceedings against you, i.e. attempts to deport you, then it is crucial that you seek legal representation. The right attorney can give you the best chance at obtaining one of the available forms of relief in order to delay or avoid removal from the United States.

Criminal Convictions

For an immigrant, a conviction of a crime can have particularly severe immigration consequences.  An “aggravated felony” conviction or “crime involving moral turpitude” (CIMT) can result in, among other things, an immigrant’s detention and revocation of their green card. Furthermore, a conviction of CIMT can present great difficulties in establishing good moral character, while an aggravated felony can result in a permanent bar to a finding a good moral character.

Advance Parole

Advance parole is a permit for a non-citizen, who does not have a valid immigrant visa, to re-enter the United States after traveling abroad. Such persons include those who have applied to adjust their status to that of permanent resident or to change their non-immigrant status. Immigration law requires certain individual residing in the U.S. to apply for a travel document and have “advance parole” approved before leaving the country. If your case is pending, leaving the country without the advance parole may have severe consequences such as denial of re-entry and dismissal of pending applications for naturalization, adjustment of status, or asylum.

Temporary Protected Status

Immigration relief in the form of the Temporary Protected Status allows immigrants from designated countries to live and work in the U.S. even if they do not have any other legal status. Poor economic infrastructure, effects of war and political regimes, and environmental disasters are some of the bases used by the Department of Homeland Security to designate a TPS country. TPS status does not lead to permanent residence or citizenship. Once the TPS program for a particular country ends, the individual reverts back to the status he or she had before the TPS.

Below is a sample list of flat immigration legal fees for common cases. The list does not cover immigration filing fees which are separate. Fees are subject to change based on case complexity, location of interview (if applicable), etc.

  • Consultation fees: varies
  • Spousal petition (I-130) – $1200
  • Consular processing – $2500
  • Adjustment of status (marriage based) – $3200 (includes attorney presence in local interview)
  • Adjustment of status (parent and children under 21) – $2200 (plus $750 if interview is scheduled and attorney presence is required)
  • Petition to remove green card condition (I-751) – $2200 for joint filings, $2800+ for waiver filing
  • Fiancé/e visa petition (K-1) – $2200, $2000 for subsequent green card
  • U Visa Petition (I-918) – starts at $2500
  • Change of status – $1500
  • Naturalization Certificate Replacement (N-565) – $750
  • Green Card renewal/replacement (I-90) – $750
  • I-94 replacement (I-102) – $750
  • Waiver – vary
  • Asylum – vary
  • Immigration Court Representation – fees vary
  • H-1B Visa – starts at $2500 (new visa), $2000 (extension)
  • B1A/Federal Court Appeals/Motions to reopen and reconsider – fees vary
  • PERM labor certificate – starts at $4500
  • Worker petition (I-140) – $2000
  • TN Visa – starts at $2000
  • L-1 Visa – fees vary
  • Request for Evidence (RFE)/Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) responses – vary
  • Attorney Inquiries – hourly retainer